Ty and I went to Logan this weekend for the Top of Utah Marathon!! We stayed at the Anniversary Inn since it was the same price and even cheaper than other hotels this weekend:) But lucky for us it was in the BEST location... right across from the finish line.! I have never ran this race before so I was a little nervous especially doing it alone. It was a really pretty run, but a little harder than I thought. I also got SOOOO sick at mile 20 (I don't think I'll be eating cliff blocks or gatorade for a long time!! UGH) My dad and Ty met me at mile 24 and ran with me to the end, which was so fun and I probably wouldn't have made it without them!! It was like having 2 running coaches and a photographer! I finally made it in 4 hours. I could have done better.. but really happy i finished! It was so fun to have some of my family there to cheer me on, and I am so happy they were able to come. And Ty was so great the whole weekend, and made it so much fun, even when I wanted to die. I am soooo happy the race is over and I can finally sleep and HOUR longer in the mornings, but I am so excited for the next marathon. (Hopefully it will be a better experience)

Us hanging out in our room!

Before the marathon

FINISHED!! Best part of the morning!!

and of course me and Ty:) and my chocolate milk! (Did you know choc milk helps with endurance and its a good post race recovery drink:) I loooove Choc milk!!

We got to meet one of my brothers mission companions! He is going to school at Utah State.. and he is living in the same house my grandpa grew up in.. weird!! and my cute family that came to support me (my dad was there too) Thanks again sooooo much for coming and waking up soooo early on a Saturday morning, it means alot!!
11 comments:
Congrats! I'm so impressed that you did a marathon. Way to go Ash! love you
That's awesome, congrats Ash. What is this, your 48th marathon?!? I just heard someone say "throw me a freaking bone here". It made me laugh and think of all of our funny sayings we had together. We were so weird but so funny. Remember all the songs we made up? "shake it to the left, shake it to the right" haha.
Yay! good job!!! I can't wait for saturday!!
Congrats on finishing!! That's super awesome! Where was the course? I used to live in Logan, So I'm just curious. :)
Congratulations!! So tell me how you look so dang cute after running a marathon...I would be passed out on the grass.:) Love ya Ash!
Ash, you are something else! I love it. That's so awesome that you did that. The Anniversary Inn sounds fun, too! You two are such a cute couple. :)
Way to go with your marathon! If I even attempted one I would be dead on the side of the road.
Anytime you are in town give me a call and we can go to 5 guys together. It is a very good hamgurger!
ASH! I miss you and love you! Great job on the marathon- I could never do it!
Props to you on your marathon!! Haha I am not a runner but I thinks it's so great you did this and finished!! Congrats!! Also I LOVE Logan!! It's probably one of my favorite places in the world!! We are home now so we need to get together!!! Let me know when you guys are free
duh, how do you look so beautiful just after a marathon! nice work...have i told you lately that you are my idol? geez, already thinking about the next marathon! well i'm super excited for april...a 1/2 marathon sounds fun...well not really fun, but the experience with everyone will be awesome! love, kristi
I think that is awesome you run marathons.
Post a Comment