Ya, I know.. WHAT WERE MY PARENTS THINKING!! I still get made fun of for wearing these! So once I was in 6th grade I got contacts.. What a great day but my poor mom and I spent the day at the eye doctors trying to get the things in my eye!! Anyways.. I have been wearing contacts and glasses for most of my life.. But I would always think how great it would be to wake up and SEE!! or not have to worry about forgetting my glasses or extra contacts on vacations.. (My eyes were HORRIBLE.. I was sooo blind!!) My only option was LASIK.. So thats what I did and it's AMAZING!! No more glasses.. No more contacts.. I can see even better than I did before..
Just before surgery with my cute husband:)

There are 2 parts to the surgery.. The first part is where they cut a flap in your eyes. This was really uncomfortable.. Luckily they give your drugs to relax.. I was really nervous.. They after its cut there are bubbles in your eyes that prevents you from seeing.. everything was cloudy and gray.. But I got to sit in this massage chair, and Ty thought it would be funny to take my picture..
The 2nd part of surgery is when they actually fix your vision!! It only took 15 sec.:)
Now I can see 20/20 without glasses, or contacts.. Its been AMAZING!!!



10 comments:
That is amazing! I would be to afraid to have people poking in my eyes, so way to go!! Hooray you can see, welcome to the world!haha
I remember those glasses! :) What a blessed day to be able to see! I want to have Lasik some day--that's awesome!
congratulations!! i know how you feel..i wore contacts for 12 years!! that makes me feel old..but i had lasik feb 07 and it has been the best thing i have ever spent my money on!!!
First I definately remember those glasses!! HAHA what were your parents thinking!! HAHA and second I am SO jealous. I want Lasik so bad!! I will have to get the info of where you went because Mike said that if he does well this summer then I can get it done. YAY!!! I'm happy you can see now!!
Yay! That's awesome! Did you get a good deal going through Hoopes? I hope so!
Lasik does wonders I tell ya! Jeff got it done right before we got married cuz he was just like you "blind as a bat" and he loves it! My eyes aren't too bad but enough that its annoying if I don't have my contacts in so hopefully soon I can get it done!:)
Oh yeah...Jeff made me watch his video of his surgery..um...yeah about died ha! It made my eyes water so bad!
oh how exciting. your so brave. it makes me wezzy just thinking about them messing with my eyes. I MISS YOU AND CANT WAIT FOR OUR RACE.. okay maybe i can wait for the race but ryan and I just miss tyler and you!
Patrick got Lasik a month before we got married. It was the best investment we have ever made. That was 6 years ago. It was Dr. Wilkinsen (Hoopes competition) I'm glad that you had a great success.
that is so awesome. how exciting!
Post a Comment