Monday, April 26, 2010

BoStOn and MoRe!!

A few weekends ago us girls went on a weekend getaway to Vegas.... We were out in the sun, and shopped.... A lot!! It was a much needed girls trip and it was so much fun! I have the greatest family ever.. promise!! haha:) I did miss Ty a little though:)

Next stop.. BOSTON!!!! My cute family gave me a bag of goodies before we left saying Good Luck!! They are my biggest fans haha:) Thanks guys!!

When we got to Boston (with little sleep from the red eye flight.. not fun..) we headed straight to the running expo to pick up my packet and information for the race.. It was CRAZY!!! Never have a seen an expo so HUGE and with so many runners. But I got some cute Boston attire! These Run Boston signs were EVERYWHERE. This marathon is seriously a holiday for the people back east! I loved it:) We ate at Cheesecake factory for my pre race dinner. Then off to bed very early!

The race started at 10 am but we had to be on the buses at 6! I was so lucky to have a friend also running to help me out cause I had no idea how crazy it was. I was soooo nervous to run because I got plantar facittis in my foot and shin splints on the same leg. I have been going to physical therapy and was told not to run till the marathon... which was 3 weeks. I was dying! But I felt great other than the blister I got at mile 8 and was burning the rest of the 18 miles I still had to go. The race was awesome though. I was never alone.. I think everyone in the state of Mass., Maine and New York were there! It was awesome. It was the HARDEST marathon I have ever ran but the Coolest marathon I have ever ran! Ty found me at the end and I wanted to die haha, I was dead, and my legs hurt sooooo bad, I couldn't even sit down haha. But seriously look at all these people who came in around the time I did.!


After the marathon we went back to the hotel and I drank my first coke in a week haha ah it was SOOO good! Ty took a nap and I think I sat in the same spot for 2 hours haha! We went to dinner and tried walking around our hotel exploring!

We went into the Cheers store... My parents always watched Cheers when I was little so it was a must!

Newbury street has all the greatest shopping! We spent lots of time here:) They have a Niketown that is all about the marathon.. I was in heaven.! I met the girl who won the marathon... She ran it in 2hrs 26min! SOOO fast! Ty had to drag me out of the store before I spent our life savings. Can't wait to go there again!

The finish Line... The next day!

Last min. we bought tickets to a Red Socks game at Fenway!! Ty was so excited and I think he had the biggest smile on his face the entire time. It was cute. We even bought Red Sock shirts so now we are true fans:) It was a great game and a perfect night!

I loved our hotel.

I love this quote! I am telling you.... Boston marathon signs were EVERYWHERE! Its a big deal there:)

Boston is so cute and pretty! I love it there:) This park was so nice!

and yes I had to take a picture with all of them (I have more but I'll spare you all haha)


Last day! I was ready to come home but I had soooo much fun with my hubby! Can't wait to go again! Maybe next year:)

9 comments:

Ashley Poulsen said...

Congrats, Ashley!!!! You're amazing! I'm so glad you decided to run it.

Cris said...

Way to go, Ash! I'm so proud of you. Loved all the pics. Hopefully I'll make it there someday. :)

~kenna

Julia M. said...

Ash, what an accomplishment! Most people work their whole lives to run in Boston, and here you are, a young twenty-something passing the finish line! How fun. What a beautiful place to visit.

CharLee Carn said...

Congratulations on the race!! I can't believe you still ran it with all that happening to your poor leg! You are serious one strong woman haha! Isn't Boston the greatest city ever! I'm so excited to go for the summer!! Know that you would have a place to stay if your wanting to make another trip out there this summer and see us hahahaha! I'm gonna miss you guys at church! You better still be here when we get back! (:

Rachel said...

Way to go Ash! That is amazing. I'm glad you had such a good time.

bkjones said...

Way to go girl! You are my hero.

Sophia said...

Brent lived in Boston and I have always wanted to go!
What an incredible accomplishment to run a marathon. I am SO impressed.

Nelson Family said...

Ashley, your my hero!! I don't even think I can run 1/2 a mile so congrats on running a marathon. What a fun trip.
Also, I was going through some boxes the other day and I came across tons of pictures of us and Ki. I couldn't stop laughing and thinking about the good old days.:)

in morse code said...

wahoo! Boston babay!! good job on your time!